HO Scale Norfolk Southern SD80ACU
Puttman Locomotive Works is releasing Norfolk Southern SD80ACU with Cab Glass.
For sale is a new release of the Norfolk Southern Rebuild of the SD80 ACU engine that also comes with cab glass. This will fit on a Kato SD80/90 chassis frame. These changes come straight from the Altoona Works web site and the list of changes made to the SD80 Mac goes like this :
– Each unit to be overhauled before the actual rebuild to SD80ACU
– Old cab replaced with EMD isolated SD70ACe cab with completely new wiring and electronics
– ICE (Integrated Cab Electronics) displays replaced with FIRE (Functional Integrated Railroad Electronics) displays with new EM2000 to replace old EM2000
– EPIC air brake replaced with CCB2
– Siemens inverters replaced with Mitsubishi inverters
– Ultra Cab II installed with Conrail cab signals and LSL (some units already had this changeover)
– Rear ditch lights installed and pneumatic bell replaced with electronic bell
– Ballasted up to 432,000 lbs
– 20-710 engine overhauled prior to the rebuilding and upgraded to 5500 hp in the ACU rebuild process
– Truck work done as-needed but original Siemens traction motors remain
This locomotive shell can be purchased directly through the CMR Products Web site store.